It’s time to make some space in May’s calendar because DockerCon 2022 registration is officially open! The two-day virtual event will be May 9th-10th, 2022.
Global Interactive Virtual Event: Tuesday, May 10th
The core DockerCon 2022 virtual event takes place on Tuesday, May 10th. It’ll be packed with product demos, panel discussions, hacks, tips, deep dive technical sessions, and more.
The full agenda is coming mid-April, but here’s a sneak peak of the tracks:
- Mainstage: Watch live keynotes with the latest updates from Docker, fireside chats with industry luminaries, customers stories, and more. You’ll also get product demos and lightning talks showing what the new releases can do.
- Discover: Cloud native development is doing incredible things—but it’s also making applications more complex than ever. Find out how to remove the complexity and make the process simpler.
- Learn: Stop spending so much time on the everyday hurdles. From APIs to languages to kubernetes, get tips, tricks and solutions for tackling the most common developer problems straight from the experts.
- Excel: Expand the skill set of you and your team for more productivity. Get best practices and new tool insights directly from Docker experts and leaders in the Docker community of developers.
- Blackbelt: Take your Docker expertise to a whole new level with these sessions. Each one is tailored around giving advanced Docker users new tools and techniques to do more with Docker than ever.
Follow one track the whole way, or pick and choose to build your own personal journey. Best of all, they’re all going to be available on-demand after DockerCon, so you can reference your favorite sessions and catch the ones you missed!
NEW! Getting Started with Docker Workshop: Monday, May 9th
This year we’re also adding something new to DockerCon: The Getting Started with Docker workshop designed to help you get started with Docker and learn how to use it to launch containerized applications.
Sr. Developer Advocate at Docker Shy Ruparel will walk you through how to set up Docker and Docker Desktop, run your first container, create a basic web application with Python and Docker, manage dependencies in your projects across multiple platforms, and push a Docker Image to Docker Hub.
The 3-hour workshop will cover:
- Intro and brief history of Docker
- Getting started with Docker and Docker Desktop
- Making and using containers
- Taking advantage of Docker Hub to find Official Images
- Persistent data with volumes
- Multiple Docker containers at once with Docker Compose
- Deploying containers to the cloud
- Quick peek at Docker Extensions
Like DockerCon, this workshop is a free virtual event. And to make it easier for people around the world to attend, you can join Shy at either 7:00am-10:00am PDT or 4:00pm-7:00pm PDT.
Register for DockerCon and the Getting Started Workshop
Join the community of developers from around the world. And learn how to use Docker to make application development simpler, easier, and more secure than ever.