Art & Science is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join our growing team.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- You’re a deft communicator — both in writing and verbally.
- You’re a hybrid digital marketer who has skills in SEM, SEO and Digital Display.
- You’re a fast learner and can think strategically about a business to quickly understand the nuances of a particular sector while coming up with creative and compelling calls to action.
- You understand the ever-changing landscape of digital and can advise on what strategies will convert best, and then execute the campaign flawlessly.
- You have attention to detail with campaign pacing and optimization.
- You know that it’s not enough to set up a campaign and walk away.
- You have the ability to translate large amounts of data into client-friendly bite-size insights.
- You have a strong client-service mindset, and aren’t afraid to educate clients on the thinking behind your approach to campaign management.
- You are prepared to go the extra mile to keep clients happy, revel in a challenge, and are always looking to excel, learn and grow.
- You’re a fast learner. You have excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
- You are passionate about growing your knowledge and skills on all things digital marketing.
- Consult with clients to understand their business objectives and what success looks like.
- Assist in recommending SEM, SEO and Digital Display strategies based on objectives, industry targets, available time and budget.
- Perform Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics implementations.
- Perform on-page optimizations to drive rankings and organic traffic
- Plan, execute, and measure Pay Per Click campaigns across a variety of paid traffic platforms (Google, Bing, Outbrain, Tube Mogul, Stack Adapt etc.) and formats (Search, Display, Video)
- Generate regular client reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other organic search initiatives.
- Responsible for daily pacing and optimizations across assigned portfolios.
- Assist with technical audits on client websites to analyze user experience flow and identify areas for improvement specific to industry and UX best practices.
- Ensure SEO best practices are in place such as identifying duplicate content/meta-data, redirect chains, page speed and server errors.
- Assist in presenting digital marketing performance and insights in regular status calls with clients while developing meaningful relationships.
- Keep pace with current search engine and display industry trends and developments.
- Interact with in-house UX team to ensure wireframes and information architecture are developed to meet objectives.
- Assist with ad hoc project requests being delivered by project or account managers as well as assist on potential pitches with marketing managers and directors.
- At least 3 years of experience in digital marketing with a focus on one or more of the following: Google Ads, Facebook Ads and Google Analytics.
- We’re particularly interested in someone with a great record of client success managing multiple and/or complex Google Ads accounts for clients (ie. You are an SEM expert but have also used or are familiar with some or all of the following: Shopping/Google Merchant Center, GDN, Youtube, Attribution Tracking, Single Keyword Ad Groups (SKAG), Smart Bidding and Offline Conversions)
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of Supermetrics is ideal but not a requirement
- Ability to leverage data in decision making.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, and attention to detail
- Familiar with best practices website optimization (landing pages, conversion rate).
- A self-starter, this person has the ability to learn on their own, but also isn’t afraid to ask stupid questions or for advice from senior members.
- Copywriting skills is an asset
- Certification in Google’s suite of marketing products (e.g. AdWords Search, Display, Video, Shopping)
- Experience executing PPC campaigns, setting up and managing Google Adwords, Display retargeting, Facebook Ad Campaigns
- Experience with Google Web Optimizer and performing conversion rate optimization (CRO) testing experiments.
- Working knowledge of French
- Directly reporting to Director of Performance Marketing
- Working with a variety of Marketing Managers, Coordinators and Specialists.
Work Culture and Perks
Art & Science is a pure digital agency located in Toronto near Adelaide/Spadina. We are a close-knit agency that works very much like a family. We trust each other implicitly, are always innovating and have a ton of fun doing so. For more info, visit https://artscience.ca/philosophy/ and learn more about our “rules” which should give you a good sense of who we are (short of visiting and meeting folks).
We pride ourselves on having a workforce comprised of people from different backgrounds, experiences, ethnicities and genders, and are always seeking to include new people who share these values of inclusivity and diversity.
- Mentorship/coaching in a collaborative fashion
- 2 weeks vacation to start, plus paid “agency holidays”
- Defined health benefits in addition to a Health Care Spending Account (‘HSA’)
- Dog-friendly environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an introductory email.
Your email should include all of the following:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Examples of your work (optional, but recommended)
- Salary expectations
- Whether you need any accommodations in the interview process
COVID-19 and Remote Work
Art & Science is committed to safe and responsible working conditions for all employees and contractors and has been fully complying with all Provincial recommendations for physical distancing and remote work. As such we are conducting all interviews remotely via video conferencing.
We are closely monitoring global best practices and when it is safe to do so, we will be re-opening our downtown Toronto office in full compliance with Provincial, National and World Health Organization recommendations. Consequently, we are only considering candidates within a reasonable commute to the Toronto downtown area (Adelaide/Spadina).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.